Monday, April 13, 2009

Smurf-Flavored Ice Cream

Thanks for the input on Easter dinner menus. In the end, we went with pasta - I made alfredo sauce, tossed in some cubed chicken, mixed in a box of frozen spinach (chopped) and served it over rigatoni noodles. Add some bread and it was delicious and ridiculously fattening - exactly what a holiday meal should be!

For dessert, we broke out the ice cream maker. We have a Cuisinart that we keep in the freezer so it's ready to go at all times. I made a basic vanilla ice cream, adding about 1/2 tsp of mint extract and an unspecified amount of blue food coloring. After 25 minutes, I added some pastel M&M candies. Joe's a fiend for sprinkles (don't ask) so we topped off with that.

It looked very Easter-y and tasted quite nice. I couldn't resist a quick picture (with my Hallmark chicky candy dish).

I hope you all had a delicious Easter!

2 comments:

  1. How do you like the Cuisinart ice cream machine? I got us the same one for Christmas but I haven't used it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We like it. Mostly we've made vanilla ice cream in it with a few add-ins. It's also supposed to make great slushy drinks but we haven't used it for that yet.

    ReplyDelete

Food for thought - I bet it's tasty! Thanks for commenting!